I was my own Santa

December 23, 2014

Hello lovely people!
If you are interested in what I bought for myself (a few presents, a few necessities) this December, keep on reading! :)
I went shopping in DM and Muller.

BODY PRODUCTS


BALEA MAGISCHER WINTER (Magic winter) shower gel and body lotion LIMITED EDITION
I wanted to buy the Dove winter set, I already had it in my hands, but than this stole my heart - not only it was about 3€ cheaper, it also smells really good and  flowery. I am not really sure if it has any special moisturizing effects, which is a little disappointing since it is supposed to be winter care.
ALVERDE CELLULITE LEMON ROSEMARY BODY OIL
This is my fourth bottle, I believe. It smells divine! It can be used as a moisturizing oil, or as a anti cellulite treatment - I tested it both ways, and it works. It is a must have for me and a holy grail product. It really helps against cellulite, if you use it consistently and really massage it into your skin.

HAIR PRODUCTS


PALETTE PERFECT GLOSS HAIR COLOR in Dark cherry
I already used this a few days ago and so far I am impressed. It had a really nice smell during application and it did not make my scalp itch. It also did not leave huge red stains on my skin, which can happen when you are working with such shades. My hair is a really nice dark red color now.


SYOSS VOLUME LIFT DRY SHAMPOO
I just needed a new dry shampoo and they didn't have my regular Balea one. I hope this one will work at least 'ok', I am not expecting too much because I don't want to be disappointed. 
GLISS LIQUID SILK LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
This is a life saver for me. Often I am really lazy when it comes to washing my hair and I don't want to wait those few minutes for my conditioner to do its magic, ha ha, plus, since my hair is red, the less they are under water, the better. So often I just use a shampoo, than spray some leave in conditioner, apply oil on my ends and my hair is shiny and silky and happy.


BALEA BEAUTIFUL LONG SHAMPOO
This is a repurchase. I saw it on the shelves, and I grabbed it, because I had no idea what other shampoo to buy. This costs around 2€, leaves hair nice and soft and clean, nothing too complicated. 
BALEA TREND IT UP HAIR SPRAY
This will be my first time trying it, so I can't say much yet. It promises to give a really long lasting effect.

SKIN PRODUCTS AND RANDOM


ESSENCE NAIL POLISH REMOVER
A typical cheap nail polish remover that does its job and actually smells nice!
REXONA INVISIBLE DIAMOND DEODORANT
Rexona is my favorite brand of deodorant. I have never before used one that is supposed to be invisible (white marks) so I am looking forward to see if it really performs better than regular deodorant in that matter.
BALEA FACE WASH FOAM for normal and mixed skin
Another holy grail product. I don't think I will ever use any other face wash again. This is so soft and gentle on the skin, and does a great job cleaning all the residue makeup, it is not irritating and smells really nice plus it is fun to use - it is a liquid that turns into a foam when you pump it out. I have dry skin but this works really good for me.


BALEA CHERRY and BALEA INTENSIV for dry lips lip balm
Not the best. The cherry one has a horrible scent!! I do not recommend it. The Intensiv one is better, still has a funny plastic scent and keeps your lips moisturized only for a little while. Will not repurchase.


REMINGTON CURLING WAND
Just a week ago this was on my wish list. I got it for 50% off in DM (I paid 17€). I never used curling wands before, so I hope I will learn how to handle this one soon. Maybe I will post a hair picture someday.


GLADE BLACKBERRY FROST candle
I can honestly say, this is my favorite candle. I can't really describe the scent because I am not good at that, but it really does smell like blackberries and winter. I love it! I would honestly wear this scent as a perfume, if I could.

MAKE UP


CATRICE NUDE ILLUSION FOUNDATION and VELVET FINISH CONCEALER
The Nude illusion is my holy grail and a repurchase, and I believe all of you know this foundation already. The concealer is my first time trying it, and I think I find it just a little bit too liquidy, but the lightest shade is a great match for me, so I use it more as a brightener on my face.


CATRICE ABSOLUTE MATT eyeshadow palette
As you can see, I used this already! I love it. The shades are perfect for every day, quite well pigmented, the only bad thing is that I can notice some fall out with them and I wish the darkest shade was a little bit darker, but that is my personal preference. Otherwise, I highly recommend this palette - it is a great drugstore find and as I heard a possible dupe for the famous Urban decay shadows.


 CATRICE DUO NAIL POLISHES
This package made me so happy (as much as nail polish can make you happy). These were 1 + 1 free and they are a perfect Christmas duo, red and golden glitter topcoat.
I also got the L'OREAL SILVER DISCO BALL top coat and I can honestly say this is the best silver glitter polish I ever tried - it provides a lot of glitter and coverage, which can not always be found with glitter top coats. You can see the look I did using this one here
The last one is a pretty dark red polish called 'Burlesque red' by Deborah Milano. A few years ago this polish was already in my collection and I used it all up. I stumbled upon it 'by accident' and decided I want to have it again.

And the best for last.

I wanted a new perfume for about a month now, and since DM had a nice holiday deal with a lot of perfumes 35% off I told myself this is a great opportunity to (maybe) find one that I will like. It took about 15 minutes and a lot of testers, but than I found the one. This smells divine. It is a floral perfume, and even though it is called 'Night' the scent is not too strong. The only down side to it is, it doesn't hold the scent for a long time, but that was expected since it is eau d toilette and not eau de parfum. None the less, I am in love with it. I wish you could sniff it through the screen!

So, these are my December buys. I am really happy with all I got. If you own any of these products, I would love to hear your opinion on them!

I wish you all merry Christmas and happy holidays. 
xo Linda

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji

Thank you for all your comments! :)